This agreement is made between Jeanette B. Engel (“Coach”), and _________________________________ (“Client”).
Both parties agree to the following:
- Coaching is an ongoing relationship between a coach and a client. The opportunity for success for the coaching client dramatically increases because changing habits and creating possibilities is a process.
- Coaching is a structure that facilitates the process of personal, professional and / or spiritual development. The Client and Coach agree that the coaching relationship will be designed together.
- Coaching is not therapy, counseling, advice giving, mental healthcare, or treatment for substance abuse or any addictive behavior. The coach is not functioning as a licensed mental health professional, therapist or counselor, and coaching is not intended as a replacement for counseling, psychiatric interventions, treatment for mental illness, recovery from past abuse, professional medical advice, financial assistance, legal counsel, or other professional services.
- Coaching is for people who are basically well adjusted, emotionally healthy, functioning fairly effectively, and wanting to make improvements in their lives.
- Coaching is designed to address issues the person being coached would like to consider and to help close the gap of where the person is compared to where they want to be in their life. These issues could include (but are not limited to) personal foundation, career development, relationship enhancement, spiritual growth, mid-life assessment, healthy lifestyle management, life balance, decision-making, and achieving short-term or long-term goals.
- Coaching will be an ongoing relationship that may take a number of months, although either party can terminate the relationship at any time. Some or all of the coaching may be through telephone contact.
- Coaching can involve brainstorming, values clarification, the completion of written assignments, education, goal-setting, identifying plans of action, accountability, making requests, agreements to change behavior, examining lifestyles, and questioning.
- Coaching is most effective when both parties are honest and straightforward in their communication.
- If the coaching is to involve payment for services, prior to its beginning both parties will agree to a fee, form of payment, procedures for canceled appointments, and initial length of commitment.
- Coaching is a confidential relationship and the coach agrees to keep all information strictly confidential, except in those situations where such confidentiality would violate the law.
- Coaching assumes that each person in the relationship is guided by his or her values and beliefs. Your coach is a Catholic and follower of Jesus Christ and seeks to live in accordance with this commitment. Your coach is honest in making this revelation and respects the different values and beliefs of others. Your coach does not seek to impose his or her values on another, proselytize, condemn, or refuse coaching services to people who do not share similar values and beliefs.
- We agree to the following business arrangements: I agree to Package _________at a fee of _______ for _______sessions. The Package fee or down payment is due before the first coaching session is held. Package Three may be paid in two monthly installments and Package Four may be paid in three monthly installments. Monthly payment schedules will be sent to you via email once a Coaching Package has been bought. Rescheduling the coaching session requires 24 hours notice or the fee may be charged. Payment may be made via PayPal or by check to Engel ConsultingGroup and mailed to Jeanette Engel, 42928 Maplegrove Court, Ashburn, VA20147.
- In between the coaching sessions, the client may feel free to email the Coach. Calls made between the scheduled calls are permissible and based on availability; the parties agree to keep the calls to 5 minutes or less.
- I __________________________(person being coached) am committed to creating an alliance with my coach, Jeanette Engel.
- Each of the people whose signatures appear below agrees that this agreement represents our mutual understanding of the coaching relationship.
DISCLAIMER: The client is the sole decision-maker in the coaching process. Any and all actions or consequences resulting from the coaching sessions are the responsibility of the client. The client releases the coach of all liability pertaining to the services rendered in the coaching relationship.
- Adapted from Gary Collins, Christian Coaching Handbook, 2001.
Jeanette B. Engel
Certified Life Coach and Daring Way™ Facilitator
(703) 851-6332 | firstname.lastname@example.org